This beautiful origami gift bow would make a great finishing piece to any gift. The origami bow may look complex to make, but it is actually really simple and quick to do. To create this, you only need to use a piece of origami paper or any sturdy paper of your choice. Once finished, you can attach it to a gift box or use it as a décor in your house or any event.
Shape the origami paper into a smaller square.
Start with a square piece of origami paper. If you’re using a single-sided colored paper, face the colored side downwards. Rotate the paper into a diamond and the fold the paper horizontally and vertically in half. Crease it well and unfold.
The second step is to bring all the four corners to the center intersecting crease line made in step 1.
Again, fold all four corners to the center.
The diamond base is done. Flip the paper to the other side.
Create a ruffle layer of the origami gift bow
Bring all the four corners to the center intersecting crease line made in step 1.
Lift up all the four triangles outward. Follow the dashed line as illustrated above.
Turn the origami piece to the other side.
Make another ruffle layer of the origami gift bow
Lift up the inner four flaps outward.
Lastly, lift up all the inner four triangles outward.
Your origami gift bow is done!
This would make an awesome embellishment to any gift box.
- Level up this paper gift bow by using a different kind of paper instead. Instead of using a plain piece of origami paper, use decorative paper or fancy paper. Just make sure that the paper you will be using to make this craft is durable enough to withstand folding.
- Where to attach the bow? Anywhere you want! If you're wrapping your present it a box ,then it's best to put it directly at the center of the the top area.
- Besides using it as a gift bow, you may use it as a makeshift brooch or a décor to any party event!
- Be resourceful! Use recycled paper lying around such as newspapers and old magazine pages.
- We have tons of Christmas crafts that you can learn here! Discover how to make fun and festive crafts that you can give as gifts!