This fox paper origami is super easy as it only needs a few basic folds to make. A great paper craft for kids and beginners, you only need a piece of square origami paper and this step-by-step instruction to make an amazing fox origami.
Make the base of the paper fox
You need a square piece of origami paper to make this fox. Fold it along the diagonal line as shown.
The paper origami should look like this triangle. Fold the triangle diagonally in half as shown.
Crease it well and then unfold.
Bring the bottom left corner to the top left corner. Then, bring the right corner to the top left corner.
The origami should like two triangles that form a square. Fold the right triangle to the back. Once done, we have now made the body of the paper fox!
Form the head and tail of the animal
Make a fold on the dash line shown below.
Crease the origami paper well and then unfold.
Pry open the layers on the left side of the origami paper. You will notice that it has three layers when opened. Keep it open until the crease line made in the previous step.
Unfold each layer gently, then squash the top inner fold. Flatten it to make the head of the fox.
The last step is to make the tail. Fold the right corner to the right.
Your origami fox is done!. There are many versions of dog origami, Discover new ways here!
- You may draw some eyes and mouth to bring your foxy friend to life!
- Add some small details using any art materials you want!
- For this origami tutorial we recommend using an orange origami paper. Foxes are usually red or orange in color.
- Besides orange, did you know that foxes comes in other colors as well? Grey foxes can be found in Northern America while snow-colored polar foxes are found in the arctic region. Try making one using a grey or white paper!
- Are foxes related to cats or dogs? Well, actually, they are from the same canine family as our pooches! If you enjoyed learning making this foxy friend, then you'll surely enjoy making the man's best friend. Learn how to make a dog origami from scratch here.
- We have another fox tutorial that you can here! Try making a fox DIY craft using a paper plate!.