Learn how to make an adorable tiger using a paper plate. What makes this arts and crafts project much simpler for small kids and preschoolers to do is the tiger printable that you can download below. It’s a cut-and-paste activity where kids can develop their scissor skills and learn how to visualize and assemble. Comes with a free printable to make it easier for kids and their parents or guardians to make with them.
- Paper Plate
- Orange and Black Poster Paint
- Printable We recommend downloading the printable in an A4 thick vellum board (at least 200 gsm)
Download AreaDownload Template
Paint the paper plate with a orange color.
Grab a paper plate and orange paint. Using a brush paint the paper plate with orange paint.
Set it aside to let it dry.
Cut out the tiger printable
Download and print the printable by clicking the yellow download button above.
After cutting, you should have 5 cutouts like the sample image above.
Assemble the paper plate tiger
Grab the orange-colored paper plate and the cutouts made from the previous step.
Stick the nose and mouth cutout on the middle of the orange paper plate.
Stick a pair of eyes on the upper part of the paper plate.
Lastly, stick a pair of ears on the back of the paper plate.
Paint some stripes on the paper plate
Using black paint (or black marker), paint some stripes on the cheeks and forehead of the paper plate tiger.
Voila! The paper plate tiger is done!
- Stick it on a wall to make an adorable safari-themed decoration.
- Turn it into a paper plate mask. Instead of sticking the eyes to the plate, cut two peepholes in it instead. To wear the mask, attach a strick on both sides of the mask or attach a long wooden stick at the back.
- Use this activity for kids to get familiar with various animals. We have so many animal-themed crafts on our websites that you and the kids can have so much fun doing. Use these activities to teach them different kinds of animals and learn to appreciate their importance in our world and why we should appreciate them.