Welcome to the triple wave napkin guide. This fold is easy and quick to make, and it looks elegant enough to be on any occasion. You’ll only need one square napkin to make this fold. And it could either be cloth or paper.
The triple wave napkin is an excellent fold but if you want something more elegant, something more intricate, then you could check out our other awesome napkin folding guides.
That said, enjoy folding your napkin into a triple wave!
Fold the Top and Bottom Edges
Lay a square napkin in front of you once you find a suitable workspace.
Then fold the top edge towards the middle.
Do the same for the bottom edge. Good job, now it's time to move to the next step.
Fold the Left and Right Edge
Fold the right edge towards the middle. But instead of folding all the way to the center, fold about a couple of inches towards the left.
Then fold the left edge towards the middle. Fold about an inch to the right. Great! This napkin fold will be done in soon.
Make the Three Waves
Then fold the left edge towards the right again. Make sure to leave space on the right side as this will make the first wave.
Then fold the left edge again towards the middle. By doing so you'll create the other two waves.
Great job! Make sure to have divide the napkin into three equal parts. For more napkin folds, check out the articles below.
- Ironing the napkin will make it look better in the end. Ironing your table cloth napkin is the first step in preparing for a good dining experience, but it's not all that simple. If you're in a pinch, use paper napkin instead.
- This is a simple fold but even a fold such as this can be made to look great - it's all in the details.
- Make the waves of the wave napkin more three-dimensional by inserting a hot curling iron into each lock. This will make the waves look more cylindrical. Be careful not to burn yourself when using a hot curling iron.
- Not comfortable with using a curling iron, you can still shape each wave into a cylinder by using a stiff napkin. Insert any cylindrical rod you have available on each wave ti shape the wave on a thick piece of cloth. Starching is another option to make the napkin stiffer.
- It’s best to place the napkin in the middle of the main plate. You must ensure that the left and right tips are at the same height and point toward the viewer. If the menu card, food, or something else is placed in the center of the main plate, you could put the wave napkin at the top left side.
- If you are ready for more adventurous napkin folds, browse our napkin category to see dozens of folds.